Friday, April 22, 2016

Welcome! Transitioning from hourly employee to self employed stylist

Hello readers!  Welcome to my first blog post.  Let me start by telling you a little about myself.  I have been doing hair for about 7 years on and off.  In the beginning I admit that I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with hair.  I really envied all those talented stylists out there that did amazing work and couldn't understand why I wasn't as great.  It took me awhile to learn that practice makes pretty darn good and now I absolutely love my job!  I worked my entire career with Supercuts and am now proud to say that I am finally venturing out on my own into the wonderful world of booth rental.


Making the transition from an employee to self employed is definitely scary but worth the risk.  If you feel confident in your skill, and believe that you have enough clientele that are loyal and will follow you then you will be okay.  I will be starting this new chapter of my life on April 30th and couldn't be happier.  I will keep you up to date on how it is going over the next few months.  Until then, please keep reading.  I will be putting up posts about all kinds of fun things like tutorials and on the job advice.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment