Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Products I Regret Buying

I've talked a lot about products that I love and recommend but I have yet to talk about any products that I just couldn't stand.  So here it is:  Products that were a big mistake:

1.  Paul Mitchell's Twirl Around

This product line promises frizz free curls and crunch free style.  It's supposed to tame unruly curls while defining and separating.  I tried the entire line on my 4 year old daughter.  She has super frizzy and curly hair.  I used the shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and the crunch free curl definer and none of it made a difference.  I put the curl definer in wet hair and dry hair and it didn't do a damn thing to tame her hair.  Define her curls?  I think not!  It simply doesn't work.  When asked what products I would recommend for curly hair I usually always mention a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner combo with of course a leave in conditioner and to help tame the frizz, any type of smoothing serum.  Paul Mitchell does make an awesome super skinny serum which is to tame frizziness and help give you smooth and straight shiny hair.


2.  It's A 10 Miracle Defrizzing Gel

Normally I'm a big fan of It's A 10 but this is one product I wasn't too thrilled with.  I bought the Defrizzing gel for my daughter (I try everything to keep her hair in check) and again, I was disappointed.  It says it pretty much does the same thing as the twirl around but it didn't do a thing for her hair.  I put it on dry and wet hair and it didn't make a difference.  I will say though that I tried this on myself just to tame some fly aways and it held pretty good.  If you are looking for a light weight gel this might be the one to try but anything more than hiding fly aways I would not recommend.


3.  Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Moisture Mist

With this particular product I both love it and I hate it.  I love it because it's so versatile.  You can use it on skin and hair.  In the summer I like to put it in the fridge and spray it on after a day in the sun or coming back from the pool.  It feels great on my skin.  I hate it because I feel like it's a watered down version of a leave in conditioner.  I like to see results in my hair when using any type of product and with this I didn't see a difference.  I have used it a few times on clients and wasn't too thrilled with it.  I really couldn't see or feel a difference in their hair.  I was also told that this could be used as a setting spray for makeup.  Used it for about a month and my makeup wasn't staying put so that was disappointing.

So those are my top 3 products I regret buying.  If you have any questions about products I've mentioned here in past posts or you would like me to do a review on a particular product, feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email at arleyrhiannon@gmail.com.  Also, if you are in the Roseville or Sacramento, CA area and would like to make an appointment with me I can be reached at:

(808)373-6076
Estanzia Salon & Spa
106 N Sunrise Blvd
Roseville, CA 95661

Follow me on Facebook & Instagram 
@hairbyarley



No comments:

Post a Comment